Thursday 12 April 2012

The End of an Era


" Era: a period of time marked by distinctive character, events etc."

When you think of Fashion Television the first thing to pop into Canadians minds is Jeanne Becker. When you think of Jeanne Becker, the first thing that will pop into their mind is Fashion Television.

Today is the end of an era. After 27 years of being on-air, Fashion Television announced that production has been suspended. 
Since April 1985, Jeanne Becker has introduced viewers to some of the most powerful and influential fashion houses, photographers, stylists and models. She has met and interviewed legendary designers such as Karl Lagerfeld, John Galliano, Gianni Versace, Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney and the late Alexander McQueen. She has reported from fashion weeks in New York City, London, Milan and Paris. 

Growing up I loved watch FT and seeing what was happening in the fashion world.  This show really opened my eyes to another world and I couldn't get enough! This is where my passion for the fashion industry came from. If it wasn't for FT I wouldn't have been exposed to this world that is very much apart of my life today.

My favourite time of year was Jeanne Becker reporting from Paris Fashion Week at the Coco Chanel show. Every year Karl Lagerfeld would transform The Grand Palais into a spectacular arena of brilliance. 

                       












Jeanne Becker tweeted this morning, "The dream is over: After 27 glorious years, FT production ceased today. So sad to see some of my closest colleagues move on"   

Today is a sad day for FT lovers all around, but I know something will be brewing for the future. 
Fashion Television will live on through other forms

No comments:

Post a Comment