Friday 1 June 2012

Sparkle Shoes

 
Last weekend while shopping with my best friend I purchased what may possibly be the best pair of flats i've ever owned. TOMS. And to top it off SQUINED TOMS! I was instantly in fashion footware heaven. Since then I have worn them non-stop (except at the office when my heels take over) and my feet have not hurt or sweat or anything! Not even a first day blister. Amazing eh? I feel like im the last one to hop on the TOMS train, but I just had to rant and rave about them!
 
For those who don't know, TOMS is also a brand on a mission. They created the One for One movement. Here's alittle background on the movement:
 
"In 2006, American traveler Blake Mycoskie befriended children in Argentina and found they had no shoes to protect their feet. Wanting to help, he created TOMS, a company that would match every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of new shoes given to a child in need. One for One. Blake returned to Argentina with a group of family, friends and staff later that year with 10,000 pairs of shoes made possible by TOMS customers."
 
It's stories like this that really pull at the heart strings and makes you appreciate the little things in life.
 
To learn more about the movement check out http://www.toms.ca/our-movement or follow TOMS on Twitter @TOMS. The website allows you to also get involved with the cause, share the TOMS story or host your own sole party. 

Everyone can get involved with the cause. All it takes is buying a pair of shoes.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment