Friday 16 March 2012

It Began in Florence

In 2005 I went on a 10 day trip to Italy and here began my love of shoes. But could you blame me? I was in Italy, the fashion capitol of the world! It was inevitable.

I was a teenager at the time, not really knowing about fashion or the couture houses, I just knew I loved wild pieces. Pastel colours and simple patterns never really caught my attention, my eyes always caught items with bright, big and bold colours. Basically, go big or go home! (and if you saw my closet you would know I am true to this quote). 

Back to the shoes! So while in Sorrento I stumbled upon these beautiful Miss Sixty pointy toe and stiletto heel. The bright colours instantly attracted me. But I didn't buy them. I don't know if it was my limited time-line to decide or the expensive price (the euro was quite high at this time). But I left Sorrento without them.

Continuing on with the rest of the trip to Rome and Venice I kept kicking myself in the behind for not getting them. Our last city to visit was Florence. On the day of our jam packed tour I spotted a Miss Sixty store, but couldn't go in because of our hectic sightseeing schedule. 6 house later and at the opposite end of the city, I retraced our steps backwards of the entire day (with my poor mom, best friend, aunt and cousin) and I found the shoes! At this moment I knew shoes were going to be a big part of my life.  





I love how vibrant the green, pink and yellow are and how the grey compliments it. Also I love that the pink is continued on the sole as well. They are called the "Swallow" shoes, however since the day of purchase I have called them my "Lightening" shoes. 






These heels are very 'seduce me with your shoes' ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment